Our Last Picture of Olive
I have somewhat of an update on Olive. I have been e-mailing and calling the Doctor who adopted her but have not heard back from her yet. Last night, I called the clinic again, hoping that she was working that night but she wasn't. So, I asked the person who answered the phone if they knew how Olive was doing (it hasn't been quite a week yet). Apparently just 2 nights ago, the doctor did surgery on Olive and removed her left eye! Wow. So, Olive is recooperating from that.:( Poor girl! Our vet never once recommended doing that, but we always wondered if that would be best since it has given her so much trouble. Our vet always stood by the eyedrops she prescribed us and said that is best. But, most dogs that she treats with dry eye are much older and don't have many years ahead of them. So, I'm guessing Olive's new owner felt that with all of her problems, removing the eye would just take one more strain off of Olive's poor little body. So, of course, now I miss her even more. I'm thinking of the poor little girl recovering from that surgery and being away from us. I'm sure she is adjusting fine to the new life, but I still miss her. It's probably harder on me than it is on her. This just proves though that she is in the right place. Her new owner can give her ANY kind of treatment that she could ever need or want. And, we certainly couldn't. So, I am going to continue to try and contact the vet and figure out how her other issues are doing. Obviously she wouldn't have done such a major surgery if she didn't think Olive's prognosis was very good. She is supposed to be working next weekend, so hopefully I can talk to her then and find out how the little girl is doing. Just this morning, Maddy said with a puzzled look, "Where's Olive?" I think she'll always think we still have Olive but that Olive is just visiting someone or something. She has a very good memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment