
Spring is finally here again! That means warm weather, fun in the sun, and LOTS OF WORK. The garden is well on it's way again. After tilling it, spreading some manure on it, and tilling it some more, I was able to get several rows of vegetables in and they are already starting to grow. This week it is supposed to rain all week, so the size of the plants will be doubled by Friday I'm sure. So far we have lots of potatoes in (6 rows), 2 rows of lettuce, 3 rows of green beans, 2 cucumber hills, and a few zucinni & squash hills. Not bad! I might plant some onions, okra, watermelon, & corn. I'm not one for radishes, etc. Definitely more green beans, but we are spreading them out timewise so when harvest comes we don't have too many beans to pick and not enough time to can them! Here are a few pictures of the start of the garden and fun outside with the girls.:)




No comments:
Post a Comment